4 Ingredient Scottish Shortbread Cookies
2 cups salted butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp vanilla extract
4 cups flour
- Cream the butter and sugar very well until light colored and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour until a soft dough forms. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Roll in balls and flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour or roll out and cut into shapes as desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees 12-15 minutes until edges are golden brown. Allow longer baking time if you are baking the large rectangles of dough to be cut in fingers.
- These are simple perfection as they are but are also fantastic dipped in melted chocolate.
- See note for further instructions on shortbread fingers as shown.
159 per serving