IngredientsSo many ways to get the magic in the steamy satisfying bowl of comfort, from sautéing vegetables to canna croutons. The amount of oil canna-oil or butter is up to you, since soup is not an exact science you can add just the amount you want to consume. On a cold day there is nothing quite like a hot bowl of soup to warm you bones, and an infused soup to clear or mess with your head. In a good way! All the soups will last five days in the fridge, or can be frozen for up to six months.
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in sections
2-3 tablespoons canna-oil
3 scallions, chopped
3 strips bacon, cooked until crisp, drained of grease and chopped
2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
½ teaspoon cayenne powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons half and half
3-4 cups stock, chicken or vegetable
- Place the potatoes in a large soup pot and cover with water by several inches. Simmer the sweet potato till very tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a medium saucepan with the canna-oil. Sauté the scallions for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bacon to the pan and stir to absorb the canna-butter.
- In a small bowl combine the scallion and bacon and set aside.
- Place the cooked sweet potato in the bowl of your food processor and puree. Gradually add the remaining ingredients, ending with the stock, until completely smooth.
- Heat the soup before serving. Ladle into serving bowls and top with the scallion bacon garnish.