- 1 bunch asparagus, woody stems removed
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin CannaOil
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 6 thin slices pancetta, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- pinch cayenne pepper
- In a dry skillet, heat the pancetta over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until crisp and slightly browned. Set a paper towel on a plate and allow the pancetta to drain while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon orange juice, 1/2-1 teaspoon orange zest (depending on how orangey you want the vinaigrette to be), 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, dark brown sugar and cayenne pepper. Gradually whisk in 4 tablespoons of CannaOil until the vinaigrette is well combined. Set aside either at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, toss the asparagus with the remaining tablespoon of CannaOil, as wells as the remaining kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat the grill or a grill pan to medium-high and arrange the asparagus on the grill to cook.
- Cook the asparagus for about 12-15 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the asparagus is tender but still al dente.
- To serve, toss the cooked asparagus with several spoonfuls of vinaigrette (you may need the entire batch) and sprinkle with the crisp pancetta.