There are a variety of Cannaoil recipes that call for anywhere from ¼ ounce to 4 ounces of cannabis per 28 ounces of oil. The potency of the recipes on this site depends on the concentration of cannabis in your essential ingredient. The amount of cannabis in the recipe below is just a suggestion and can be modified according to your personal dosage.
Time Required: 2 hours
What You Need:
- large saucepan
- 28 ounce extra virgin olive oil (Use whatever cooking oil your recipe calls for, or whatever your diet restriction allows: vegetable, canola, etc…)
- 1 ounce finely ground cannabis
- Tupperware container with lid
- rubber band (one that will stretch around the rim of your Tupperware)
- Pour the oil in the saucepan and set on medium heat.
- Let the oil warm up until it is hot but make sure the oil does not boil.
- Add your finely ground cannabis to the hot oil.
- Stir the cannabis frequently as it soaks for at least 2 hours. Do not let it boil.
- Prepare your Tupperware container by taking 2 sheets of the cheesecloth and securing it over the lid of the bowl using the rubber band.
- Pour the Cannaoil mix slowly over the top of the cheesecloth and into the container. Repeat this step as necessary to strain all of the plant from the oil.
- Store the Cannaoil in an airtight container and keep it in a cool, dark place or in the refrigerator.