Time Required: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Yields 3 Dozen Slices
What You Need:
- 3- 9-inch round cake pans
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Cannabutter, softened
- 2 ¼ cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease three 9-inch round cake pans.
- Pour boiling water over cocoa powder in medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Let cool.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream Cannabutter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at time, then stir in vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the cocoa mixture. Mix well. Spread batter evenly between the 3 prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Extra cake can be frozen for up to 6 weeks.