Time Required: 48 hours
Yields 24 to 30 Pieces
What You Need:
- 10″ x 15″ baking dish
- 1 ½ pounds walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups Cannabutter, melted
- 16 oz. filo dough
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Grease baking dish with a small amount of Cannabutter. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lay 10 layers of filo dough into baking sheet by coating each layer generously with Cannabutter. (If filo dough is too big for the pan, cut the excess so the dough curves slightly up the sides of the dish.
- Mix walnuts and 1 cup of sugar in separate dish. Pour nut mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- Layer 5 more sheets of filo dough on top of the walnuts. Coat each layer with butter using the same process as earlier.
- Bake for 50 minutes in preheated oven.
- Mix the remaining sugar with water, lemon, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon in a small saucepan while the baklava is in the oven. Heat in the saucepan until the mixtute thickens. Add honey and heat for 1 more minute.
- Remove baklava from oven, cut into small squares. Pour the glaze from saucepan over the baklava.
- Let baklava sit for 48 hours at room temperature.