Time Required: 2 Hours
Yields 6 to 8 Slices
What You Need:
- 9-inch pie dish
- 2 sheets of refrigerated pie crusts
- 6 Cups apples, cored, peeled, and sliced (Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, and/or HoneyCrisp)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1½ cups CannaButter, cubed
- Press one pie crust sheet firmly into the bottom of the pie dish and up the sides of the pan.
- Trim the edge of the dough with kitchen scissors; leave 1 inch of dough to hang over the edge of pan. Set aside.
- Combine the apples and lemon juice in a large bowl; Mix well.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Mix well, making sure to coat all the apples.
- Transfer the filling mix to the dough-lined pan.
- Disperse cubed CannaButter on top of the apple filling evenly.
- Place the second pie sheet over the filled pie. Trim edges appropriately, leaving 1 inch of dough hanging.
- Fold the edge of the top layer of dough under the edge of the bottom layer of dough. Pinch dough sheets together to seal.
- Cut a “x” across the top center of the dough to allow steam to escape.
- Put the uncooked pie in the refrigerator to firm the dough. (about 20 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove pie from refrigerator and bake the pie in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Transfer pie to a wire rack and let cool to completely set for at least 1 hour before serving.