Time Required: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Yields 20 Canna-Jam Cookies
What You Need:
- electric mixer
- plastic wrap
- baking sheet
- cooling rack
- 1½ cups CannaFlour
- ⅓ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup CannaButter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Strawberry Canna-Jam
- Mix together the CannaFlour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the CannaButter and granulated sugar together with the electric mixer on high until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Split the dough in half and form each into a log. Wrap each dough log in plastic wrap. Chill dough logs in refrigerator until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Use a knife to cut dough in ¼-inch thick slices (Each log should yield about 20 slices).
- Place cookie dough on baking sheet. Keep the remaining raw dough chilled until ready to bake.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and transfer to cooling rack. Allow baking pan to cool before baking the next batch. Repeat until all cookies are cool.
- Drop a heaping teaspoon of Strawberry Canna-Jam on half the cookies. Sandwich each Canna-Jam cookie with the remaining cookies.
- Sprinkle each cookie with powdered sugar.